The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is an equal opportunity employer always looking to add new members to the JCSO Family. The agency offers competitive benefits and many opportunities for you to serve your community.
Please click on the position title below to submit your employment application online.
- Deputy Sheriff Recruit
- Deputy Sheriff (Certified Lateral)
- Telecommunicator (911 Dispatcher)
- Reserve Deputy Sheriff
- Clerk, Admin Assistant, Specialist, Etc
- Seasonal Tax Positions
Alternatively, applications can be submitted in person at JCSO Human Resources (8am-4pm, M-F) located at 531 Court Place, 6th Floor.
The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical – Free employee-only plans, 85% premiums paid by agency for other plan levels
- Participation in Kentucky Public Pension Authority (formerly known as the Kentucky Employee Retirement System)
- Life Insurance – $20,000 provided for all employees
- Optional Life Insurance and Kentucky Deferred Compensation Plans
- Sick Leave – 12 days annually
- Vacation Leave– Time accrued based on years of service
- Holidays – 13 days annually
- Paid Parking