The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is an equal opportunity employer always looking to add new members to the JCSO Family. The agency offers competitive benefits and many opportunities for you to serve your community.
Telecommunicator (911 Dispatcher)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have been convicted of a felony – misdemeanors are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Must be U.S. citizen
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- No use of marijuana in the last 1 year, no use of illegal controlled substances in the last 6 years.
|Hourly Rate||Annual Rate||Eligible for Benefits|
*Based on a 37.5 hour work week. Applicants already certified as Telecommunicators in the State of Kentucky are eligible for higher pay scales - up to 10 years credit.
- Criminal History Check
- Drug Screening
- Polygraph Examination
- Sheriff Staff Interview
- Required training for this position is held at the DOCJT Law Enforcement Basic Academy located in Richmond, Kentucky.
- Telecommunications training lasts approximately 4 weeks.
- The academy is a live-in academy where room and board is provided. Recruits may go home on weekends and holidays during this time.